Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Geese and the Japanese hand saw-- a fable.

Gawbill saved me the trouble of hating my life and gave me a ride to Lowe's so I didn't have to take two buses getting there and back, and hauling ply wood for my panel-making that I'm doing in my "painting: materials and techniques" class in roughly 7 hours.  I'm sure he didn't know what he was getting himself into when he agreed to be my friend, because we ended up having to use the Japanese hand saw I had bought (Its pretty awesome...  I happen to enjoy hardware stores and buying tools a lot.)  to cut the white pine in the parking lot so it would fit in his car...  I'm almost intolerable with the demands I make of my amigos.


After that fiasco, we saw this random building on the way, and thought we needed to find out what it was.  It turned out to be the Please Touch Museum... to which Gawbill said, "You're going to go home and Wikipedia that, right?"  Yes.  That's why there's a link there.


We got out of the car, so I could take more random pictures. But we got distracted by the geese... Don't they fly south for the winter? I need to find out more about geese, apparently. But now, I know that geese foot prints look like stars in the snow, and that made me smile. :)
And this picture is of a cage looking thing, and I just liked the way it looked, so there.



I hope you liked this post, Gawbill. I promise to buy you those melon ice cream bars as soon as we find an h-mart.

No comments:

Post a Comment