Saturday, March 12, 2011

Volta NY/Text/My first time

Last night one of my artsy friends compared some of my work to THIS Small But Dangers (SBD) mixed media work...  That probably reminded him of my December 2010 post "I Still."  I, of course, was flattered.  Usually, artists want to be unique and quirky and other obscene things, but I don't mind being a complete tool about it, and so I say, "Thanks, man!"

So, I haven't done much work involving text in awhile (which was the original intention of Love [ & Other Mythical Beasts ] )...  Honestly, because it was too damn depressing since a lot of the time it involved leafing through pages of journal entries and reading what being a self-conscious teenage girl was like and how teenage boys could rip me to shreds.  But let's be honest, it wasn't ALL traumatic...  My first semester in college a boy confessed that he wanted to date me by writing on my Facebook wall in binary numbers and having me decode them...  Ahaha!  (Any time he looks back at that, he probably shudders!)  SO, some of the time it was just plain ol' silly.  And so, I've decided that I will  start making art about all the silly parts.  

But I really had a good time painting nice picture of mean times...  It did a good job of keeping me sane.

My first time hurt like hell.  6"X12".  Acrylic on canvas.  2009.  Uban.

No comments:

Post a Comment