Friday, June 17, 2011

Poop.



Blue Angel. Acrylic on canvas panel. 6 X 6 inches.  2010. Uban.
Reading:

'Tis: A Memoir

'Tis.  The assimilation process is hard and often embarrassing...  I like it so far.  I expected too, since I remember Angela's Ashes changing me.

I was explaining to my brother how much I hated the fact in grade school you have to ask to use the toilet.  I hated the fact that the stalls makes taking a shit embarrassing, when poop is natural and why do we have to be ashamed of feces?  We're trained at a very young again to be embarrassed by what is natural.  I always thought it was crazy that I had to shit or piss and had to hold it if a teacher wanted to be an asshole or something.  I was telling my brother how I think these experiences with shit have a lot to do with why I ended up an artist.  So I could smear my shit around.  And take a shit whenever I need to.  If someone had just let me take a pee or a poop whenever I needed to as a child, then perhaps, I would've ended up a normal person with a job in an office or something horrible like that, but instead I'm an artist because some dumbass somewhere decided to make me scared to pee.  That's how you get a UTI, buddy.  So he sent me the above link.  And I 'm giving you the below link.



BEAUTIFUL LYRICS...
Listening to:  "If I ever feel better" -- Phoenix

They say an end can be a start
Feels like I've been buried yet I'm still alive
It's like a bad day that never ends
I feel the chaos around me
A thing I don't try to deny
I'd better learn to accept that
There are things in my life that I can't control

No comments:

Post a Comment